It’s Not Too Late: A Lot Can Happen in One Week
If you’re like most parents, school is starting for your kids in just a few short weeks, maybe even sooner! Are you ready? Are your kids ready? You’ve been down this road before and know what to expect: excitement, nervousness, maybe a little trepidation about what the school year will bring.
If you feel your child isn’t quite ready to tackle the new school year’s curriculum, you may be wondering what you can do to help in such a short amount of time. It’s not too late! We can help get your student ready in as little as one week! One week? Yes!
Here’s what we can work on with your child in just one week of intensive instruction, or one more week if he/she is currently enrolled at one of our learning centers:
- Help your student apply new sensory-cognitive processing skills to grade level content. Your child has just spent weeks learning how to image letters within words for reading and spelling, or image concepts for comprehension. Now it’s time to apply these new skills to their schoolwork.
- Help your child use their improved vocabulary skills to incorporate new words into their writing.
- Ensure your child, who worked hard to improve her concept imagery ability, is now pulling relevant content into her note taking and leaving the nonsense behind.
- Work with your student to confirm his math skills are continuing to improve. Now that he’s worked on strengthening his numeral imagery and concept imagery skills, how are his math facts? Is he able to successfully solve word problems?
- If your student attended one of our learning centers last summer, it’s time to bring those skills back to conscious awareness after a summer of no school.
- Build Independence in EVERY sensory-cognitive processing skill by asking the student to monitor herself!
- Work with your child to continue to build her sight word base. The more sight words she recognizes, the more fluently she’ll read in context.
- Get your child started with intensive instruction, so we can incorporate their new sensory-cognitive skills into their school day more easily.
In other words, in just ONE week (or one MORE week) we can make possibly the biggest difference of all—the one where your child will head back to school feeling confident and prepared.
We want the 2016-2017 school year to be your child’s best ever. His backpack is full of supplies. Let’s make sure his brain is full of the skills necessary for success!
For more information on how one week of intensive instruction can make a difference, please contact your local learning center.