The Right Solution?
Is Lindamood-Bell Instruction the Right Solution for Your Child?
We work with a huge range students who have different levels of ability when it comes to reading and spelling.
Please answer a few questions that can help you decide if Lindamood-Bell instruction may be the right solution for your child.
- When reading on the page, does your child skip or guess at words?
- Do you see the guessing and skipping of words increase when the material gets more complex?
- Does your child get easily frustrated and complain that they hate to read?
- Does your child prefer that you do most/all reading?
- When spelling words, does your child spell words as they sound (phonetically) as opposed to how they look?
- When your child is writing, will he/she choose more simple words that they know how to spell as
opposed to trying to spell a more complex word?
If you answered yes to several of these questions, there could be an underlying weakness with your child’s Phonemic Awareness (the ability to sound out or decode words) as well as a weakness with your child’s Symbol Imagery (the ability to remember the look of words they’ve seen before). There may be other factors that could be affecting your child’s ability to read fluently and enjoy reading on the page, but we believe that by directly stimulating Phonemic Awareness and Symbol Imagery, we are able to unlock a student’s ability to process the written word and start to enjoy reading.
To learn more about Lindamood-Bell’s solution for weaknesses in this area, please click here to find a location near you or give us a call at (800) 233-1819 and we can discuss the next steps and answer your more specific questions.