At Lindamood-Bell, we DREAM BIG for learning.
We believe, passionately, that all children and adults can be taught to read and comprehend to their potential.
We identify strengths and weaknesses that may be be affecting school performance in reading, comprehension, and math. Our instruction is based on an individual’s learning needs.
Some students come to us with previous diagnoses such as dyslexia, autism spectrum disorders, or general learning challenges—and we make a difference for each of them.
Some students seek our help to enhance their skills or to just make learning easier—and we do.
Our approach to learning is global, balanced, and interactive.
Lindamood-Bell has pioneered programs to develop the sensory-cognitive processes that underlie reading and comprehension.
Our experience, our quality of instruction, our commitment to ongoing research and development, and our passion to constantly expand the implementation and success of our instructional programs are at the root of our success.
We remain committed to making a difference in the lives of the children and adults we are fortunate enough to serve.
Our instruction is based on
an individual’s learning needs.
We work with thousands of individuals.
Sitting with a child or an adult who struggles to read a word or comprehend a paragraph provides unique insight into the learning process.
We develop the skills that underlie reading & comprehension.
Lindamood-Bell® programs are unique.
Traditional reading and tutoring programs focus on content instruction.
Lindamood-Bell programs focus on the processing necessary for reading and comprehension.
- Seeing Stars®: Symbol Imagery for Phonological and Orthographic Processing in Reading and Spelling (SI)
- Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking® (V/V®)
- Talkies®: Visualizing and Verbalizing for Oral Language Comprehension and Expression (Talkies®)
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® Program for Reading, Spelling, and Speech (LiPS®)
- On Cloud Nine® Math (OCN™)
Imagery and the Language Processing Spectrum
Symptoms of symbol imagery weakness
- Weak word attack skills
- Weak word recognition skills
- Difficulty learning and retaining sight words
- Weak phonological spelling skills
( optnrty for opportunity )
- Weak orthographic spelling skills ( opertunity for opportunity )
- Difficulty reading fluently in context
- Difficulty monitoring, self-correcting reading & spelling errors
- Slow and laborious decoding skills
- May be labeled dyslexic
Symptoms of concept imagery weakness
- Weak reading comprehension
- Weak listening comprehension
- Difficulty with critical thinking and problem solving
- Difficulty following directions
- Difficulty expressing language orally
- Weak written expression
- Difficulty grasping humor
- Difficulty interpreting social situations
- Difficulty with cause and effect
- Weak attention and focus
- Difficulty with mental mapping
- Difficulty responding to a communicating world
Instructional language to bring a
sensory-cognitive function to consciousness.