BLOG AND NEWS
Imagine Better Homework | A Parent Workshop
If your child has a learning or attention issue, it can be tough to maintain good homework habits. Resolving to “establish a daily routine,” for example, may not affect why it is difficult for a student to complete homework in the first place. They may be missing a crucial step that good students are doing naturally.
Students of all ages should be creating mental images as they read a book, or listen to a teacher describe that night’s homework. They should be visualising as they write something down in their planner, or as they compose a paragraph.
Join us for a free 90-minute workshop. Parents will learn how to establish the imagery-language connection for homework.
Topics will include:
- How to help your child understand and record assignments
- Asking questions that create mental images (and boost comprehension!)
- Using the imagery-language connection for remembering facts for tests
- Tips for managing homework when decoding is an issue
- The imagery-language connection for writing
Attendees will receive a free Homework Survival Kit, filled with supplies to help get you set up for success. We look forward to helping your family Imagine Better Homework.
Click on the city to register for your event:
Double Bay: Wednesday, 14 June @ 6pm
Chatswood: Thursday, 15 June @ 5pm
Melbourne: Thursday, 15 June @ 5:30pm